Inter-Faith Housing Alliance has been awarded Federal Emergency Food and Shelter Program CARES funding and has made COVID-19 Rental Relief available for qualifying Montgomery County renters.
This program will be closed for applications at 11:59 pm on Saturday, May 15, 2021. Applications received up to this date will be considered. Applicants will be notified whether or not they will move forward within the consideration process by Saturday May 22, 2021.
For applicants who fully qualify, May 2021 will be the last month of rent covered through this program.
(Montgomery County’s Your Way Home program continues to offer rental and utility assistance; learn more at yourwayhome.org.)
• Assistance will be no more than one month’s rent.
• Funds can be applied to back-rent or the current month’s rent.
• Funds cannot be used for any fees, taxes, or charges.
• Payment will be forwarded directly to the landlord.
Please review all requirements in full before filling out and submitting your application.
Do I Qualify?
To be eligible, applicants must:
• Reside in Montgomery County, PA.
• Be able to document a decrease in income or increase in expenses due to the COVID-19 crisis.
• Provide information on income, household expenses, and assets of all people living in the household.
• Provide supporting documentation of all financial information (copy of rental agreement/lease; income, bank, utility, loan documents; proof of childcare expenses, etc.)
• Have household income at or below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI) at the time of application, as listed below:
|1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People||7 People||8 People|
• Be considered the head of household, be named on the rental agreement, be responsible for the rent, and live at the residence.
• Provide a rental agreement or official lease documentation with complete and valid landlord information and monthly rental amount.
• Owe up to, but no more than, 2 months’ rent; and must provide written documentation from landlord showing amount of rental arrearages.
• Have total household assets of no more than 2 months’ rent at the time of application.
• Attest that their household has not/will not receive any other CARES rent assistance from a Montgomery County agency between 1/27/2020 and 5/31/2021.
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit the preliminary application for assistance below. A staff member will contact you if you are eligible to be considered.
Questions? Leave a message at 215-628-4009 and a staff member will return your call.