Inter-Faith Housing Alliance has been awarded Federal Emergency Food and Shelter Program CARES funding and is making Covid-19 Rental Relief available for qualifying Montgomery County renters.
• Assistance will be no more than one month’s rent.
• Funds can be applied to back-rent or the current month’s rent.
• Funds cannot be used for any fees, taxes, or charges.
• Payment will be forwarded directly to the landlord.
Please review all requirements in full before filling out and submitting your application.
Do I Qualify?
To be eligible, applicants must:
• Reside in Montgomery County, PA.
• Be able to document a decrease in income or increase in expenses due to the COVID-19 crisis.
• Provide information on income, household expenses, and assets of all people living in the household.
• Provide supporting documentation of all financial information (copy of rental agreement/lease; income, bank, utility, loan documents; proof of childcare expenses, etc.)
• Have household income at or below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI) at the time of application, as listed below:
|1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People||7 People||8 People|
• Be considered the head of household, be named on the rental agreement, be responsible for the rent, and live at the residence.
• Provide a rental agreement or official lease documentation with complete and valid landlord information and monthly rental amount.
• Owe up to, but no more than, 2 months’ rent; and must provide written documentation from landlord showing amount of rental arrearages.
• Have total household assets of no more than 2 months’ rent at the time of application.
• Attest that their household has not/will not receive any other CARES rent assistance from a Montgomery County agency between 1/27/2020 and 5/31/2021.
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit the preliminary application for assistance below. A staff member will contact you if you are eligible to be considered.
Questions? Leave a message at 215-628-4009 and a staff member will return your call.